Saturday 4 May 2013

Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto

I really love brussels sprouts…which is funny because when I was younger I wouldn't have touched them.  The original recipe for this asked for pine nuts which are not a favourite in my house so I have omitted them…If you wanted to add them just put 3/4 cup pine nuts into the skillet at the end.

1 1/2 lbs (750 g) brussels sprouts
1/4 cup olive oil
6 slices prosciutto, chopped (bacon would also work well)
Salt and freshly ground pepper (I also didn't use salt…the prosciutto has lots)


  1. Remove root end and core from brussels sprouts, cut in half and thinly slice.
  2. Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat.  Add Prosciutto.  Saute until beginning to crisp.  Add sprouts and saute for 3 minutes.  Cover pan and cook 2 minutes longer or until sprouts are crisp tender.  Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment