2 cups cooked small egg noodles
500 g ground beef
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic clove
2 x 213 ml tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Prepare noodles as directed on package. Drain. Measure. Spread in bottom of 1.5 L casserole.
- Scramble-fry beef in cooking oil until brown. Drain and discard fat.
- Add onion, garlic tomato sauce, salt and pepper to meat. Simmer gently for 15 minutes. Pour over noodles in casserole.
- Spread sour cream over meat, making a smooth, level surface
- Spoon cottage cheese over top.
- Layer cheese over top to cover completely. Bake uncovered in 350F oven for 30 minutes until bubbly.
Serves 6 to 8