4 large baking potatoes (Red if you are able to get them)
2 tbsp canola oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 slices bacon, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup diced roasted red pepper
1 tbsp chopped thyme or oregano
2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and arrange rack in centre.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil; season to taste with salt and pepper (I omit the salt entirely). Place directly on rack and bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in a large skillet over medium low heat until lightly crisped, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set bacon aside. Measure out 1/4 cup drippings and return to pan; discard excess.
- Add garlic and corn to skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in roasted pepper, thyme and reserved bacon; cook an additional 4 minutes, stirring often, or until corn is tender. Remove from heat, add butter and stir until melted.
- Split top of potatoes and fluff flesh with a fork; divide corn mixture between potatoes.