1 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
250 g lean ground beef
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small cooking onion, diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp relish
Half a 1 lb (500 g) ball raw pizza dough, find it in the bakery section at the supermarket, room temperature
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 large sour dill pickle, sliced
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 medium tomato, cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 450F
- In a frying pan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp oil and add ground beef, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until juices run clear. Drain off any liquid, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise with ketchup and relish. This is your Special sauce.
- Oil an 8 inch cast iron skillet with remaining 2 tsp of olive oil. Roll dough out to about a 10 inch round on a lightly floured surface and transfer to skillet. Flip dough over in skillet os that both sides of dough are oiled. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and gently press dough evenly in skillet so that it rises slightly up to the sides of the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove par baked pizza from oven and spread with special sauce. Top evenly with sliced pickle, ground beef and fine ally shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until pizza is cooked through and cheese is melted and slightly browned. Run a knife around the edges of skillet to be sure its not sticking. Top with cool shredded lettuce and chopped tomato. Slice and serve at once.