8 sheets of phyllo pastry, defrosted
1/2 bunch fresh asparagus
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 cup mozzarella, grated
1/2 cup cream
1/2 tsp paprika
Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Blanch asparagus in boiling water.
- Place asparagus in ice water, drain and dry.
- Coat a baking sheet with melted butter. On a work surface, place a sheet of phyllo dough and brush the top with butter. Repeat the process layering the remaining phyllo dough on top.
- Put the layered sheets on the buttered baking sheet, folding the edges on the sides
- Sprinkle the top of the phyllo with 1/2 of the grated mozzarella leaving a 1 inch border. Beat the eggs with cream and paprika. Pour on top of the tart.
- Arrange the asparagus equally across the tart. Sprinkle salt and brush the borders of the tart with melted butter. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes uncovered.
- Allow the tart to sit for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.