1 tbsp _ 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 tsp garlic finely chopped
2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely shopped
1/2 cup loosely packed mushrooms, coarsely shopped
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp teriyaki or soy sauce
1/2 cup 35% cream
1/2 cup green onions, sliced on an angle into 1/2 inch pieces
250 to 300 g salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal size cubes
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, stirring, cook for 2 minutes more over medium heat.
- Add water and teriyaki sauce, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and green onions. Continue cooking until sauce reduces and is thickened to a light sauce consistency, about 4 minutes. If it thickens too much add 1 tsp or more water to loosen it. Set aside until salmon is ready.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium high. Lightly season salmon with salt and pepper and carefully place salmon in skillet, flesh side down. Cook until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes and flip. Cook skin side until skin is crispy and salmon is just cooked and still pink in the middle, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Warm sauce if needed, spoon sauce evenly onto 4 plates, and top with a cube of salmon.