3/4 cup Evaporated Milk
2 tbsp vinegar
1 cup ripe mashed bananas (2-3 medium)
1 banana, sliced 1/4" and quartered (about 2/3 cup)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
36 banana chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine evaporated milk and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir well. Mixture will thicken. Add mashed bananas, sliced bananas and baking soda.
- Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Stir in flour and baking powder. Add banana mixture and stir until mixture is well combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop 2 tbsp of dough on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Place a banana chip on top of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven, 13 to 15 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Let cool, 5 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack.
**Add some crunch with 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts