Monday 10 September 2012

Lemony Bean and Pecorino Spread

I love dips and spreads.  I got the original recipe from Food and Drink Summer 2011, but it called for Fava Beans.  Well in my little neck of the woods I could not find them, and they looked a little fussy to work with.  I substituted Lima Beans from a can, rinsed well and I enjoyed the result.  I think Chick Peas would work well also.  Serve with crispy Pita chips or veggies.

1 1/2 cups Lima Beans
1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp water
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine all but the pepper in a food processor and blend until light, fluffy and almost smooth.  Add more water if required.  Season with a generous grinding of black pepper.

Serve with your favourite veggies, pitas or breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment