Saturday 20 May 2023

Get up and Go Energy Bites

These taste so good it is hard to believe they are healthy.  I have been trying to change up my diet and found this recipe in 500 Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes.  I stayed pretty true to the recipe except I switched Medjool Dates for regular dates.  It was very easy to do with my Ninja Food Processor.  It would have been frustrating with a blender or hand mixer.  Thank you to my husband for gifting this to me!  




150 grams Pecans ( or your desired nut)
400 grams pitted dates
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp unsalted peanut butter
2 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch salt
1 tbsp water

 * Place the pecans in a food processor and pulse until crushed - do not overwork or the pecans will form a butter.
* Add the dates, coconut oil and water and continue to pulse to mix.  Add the peanut butter, cocoa powder and salt, then pulse again.  
* Take 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll it into a ball.  Place on a sheet of parchment paper set on a small tray or plate.  Repeat until all the mixture has been used.  
* Place the rolled balls into the fridge for around 1 hour, then remove from the paper and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment