Wednesday 12 October 2011

Corn and Black Bean Salad

Whew, Thanksgiving was wonderful!  Hope you had family and fun and food (maybe even a glass of wine or two). I had an amazing time, although I did learn I should not have two glasses of Pinot Noir on an empty stomach.  Despite that the dinner turned out lovely.

Now to get back to some healthier eating here is a recipe I got out of Food and Drink Early Summer 2011.  I made it earlier this year and don't have a picture of it but it turned out really well.  I love bean salads year round.

1/2 cup Feta Cheese
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp Dijon Mustard (grainy works well)
2 cans black beans (540 ml each)
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
2 cups frozen corn, thawed and rinsed
1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

1.  In a large bowl, break up feta with fork.  Whisk in vinegar, olive oil and mustard.
2.  To the same bowl add black beans, grape tomatoes, corn basil, red pepper and onion.  Stir well, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment